NCSHRM is a state affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The annual NCSHRM State Conference represents virtually every industry and size of business, this conference attracts HR professionals and vendors throughout the state. With the combination of keynote speakers, interactive breakout sessions, sponsor & exhibitor expo and networking opportunities, you'll leave energized from your collaborative discussions and have well-crafted ideas. You also have the opportunity to earn maximum credits for both SHRM and HRCI Certifications.
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit proposals for professional Conference Speakers for the upcoming North Carolina Society for Human Resource Management (NCSHRM) State Conference. Conference Speakers must be willing to provide their services for the good of the Human Resources Management profession and in support of the goals and objectives of the Conference. Presenters selected through this proposal process can expect a wide range of exposure before Conference attendees and are welcome to attend all Conference activities, including meals, free of charge on the day(s) of their presentation(s). NCSHRM State Conference does not pay speaker fees or reimburse expenses for the concurrent session presenters. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the presenter.
NCSHRM expects Conference attendance of 800+ attendees, the majority of whom will include, but not be limited to, senior Human Resources (HR) professionals, supervisors, managers, and directors currently practicing in the Human Resources field. Potential Conference Speakers may expect a wide range of exposure before conference attendees and/or their peers.
The conference theme is Collaboration and should be incorporated when possible. There is a natural thread of collaboration that connects the human resource profession. In many instances, identifying that fact often times will be sufficient. For more information about our theme you may select the following link. Referencing or connecting your presentation to the conference’s theme is most important for keynote presentations. You may apply to present both keynote and concurrent/technical sessions by completing a separate application for each session. Conference subjects and topics will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Information Security
- Compensation and Benefits
- Performance Management
- Recruitment and Retention
- Master Series in HR
- Career Management
- Training and Professional Development
- Strategic Management
Additional resources for developing your presentation are the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK) and/or the HRCI Body of Knowledge.
III. How do I get to Present at the Conference?
- Complete and submit the RFP. Please be sure to provide all required information. Incomplete proposals will delay consideration.
- Human Resource practitioners and related subject matter experts are preferred.
- All presentations need to meet the continuing education requirements for SHRM and HRCI. If you do not have preapproval, we will assist you in securing the same.
- Submissions are due no later than June 30, 2019. Selections will be made, when possible, as received or by July 31, 2019.
- You will be notified by email of your selection status.
- You will be assigned a conference liaison or “mentor” to assist you with conference logistics, answer questions, and help maintain compliance with NCSHRM’s conference guidelines.
- There are a limited number of sessions for this multi-day conference. If you are not selected this year, you may be asked to present in the future.
- References are checked for those who have not presented in previous conferences.
IV. If Selected, What are the Requirements?
- No change in speakers, topic, title, description or objectives as originally submitted without permission from the organizers.
- All speakers must submit their presentations formatted in Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple (iWork) Keynote. No other formats for “slides” will be accepted.
- Prepare a 45 to 60-minute session with appropriate time allowed for interaction and questions. Time will be called by the room monitor if the presentation exceeds allotted time.
- Consider the common best practices in presentations such as the 6×6 rule (no more than 6 words per line and 6 lines per slide.)
- You are encouraged to provide your contact information on the last page of the template. This can include information about your company, product and services.
- Business dress is required for all speakers.
- Professionalism is expected at all times regarding all content, language and handouts.
- Please adhere to all due dates and deadlines. Understanding everyone is busy but please respect the time of our volunteer committee who pulls all of the sessions together.
- In keeping with our “Green Philosophy”, you are not required to provide hard copy handouts. Our attendees will have the option to down load any hand out material you wish to provide prior to the conference including the presentation.
- NCSHRM State Conference does not pay speaker fees or reimburse expenses for the concurrent session presenters. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the speaker.
- Please do not market your product or services during presentations. Presenters are asked to not solicit business from attendees. If you are interested in marketing your product or services, please contact our Sponsorship Director for information.
- Presenters should be conference “partners” and utilize their social media platforms to assist in the promotion of the conference.