Conducting Investigations Without Hesitation
with Julie Adams from FordHarrison
Program valid for 3 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and HRCI recertification credit!
Join LKNHR and IHRA for a special late afternoon event! Whether dealing with discipline, corrective action, or workplace complaints of inappropriate behavior, companies have a duty to investigate employee concerns and ensure that the concerns are both heard and resolved. Conducting workplace investigations is considered one of the toughest parts of a human resource professional’s duties. In this 3 hour workshop, we will use a real-life case study to help attendees learn how to practically and effectively conduct a workplace investigation.
LKNHR Members attend this special event at no additional cost but registration is required.
During this interactive workshop, we will cover:
· Handle and process initial complaints, including anonymous complaints
· Triage an initial complaint and make an investigation plan
· Properly gather documentary, physical, and testimonial evidence
· Prepare for and conduct witness interviews
· Document and assess witness interviews and statements
· Determine the stakeholders who should be privy to the investigative details
· Navigate with organizational political issues and other hot spots
· Analyze investigative facts
· Hold the preliminary findings meeting
· Prepare the investigative report
· Conclude the investigation
· Effectively communicate and act upon the conclusions from the investigation
· Address retaliation, defamation, and privacy issues triggered by the investigation
Julie Adams concentrates her legal practice on the representation of management in labor and employment law matters. She is well-versed in matters arising under Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act, and various North Carolina state employment laws. Prior to joining FordHarrison, Julie was an attorney at a large multi-national labor and employment law boutique firm and was a contributing member to the firm's EEO, Retail, and Corporate Compliance practice groups. She holds a JD from Wake Forest University and a BA from Campbell University.
3:00 - 3:20 pm Registration
3:20 – 3:30 pm Announcements
3:30 – 6:30 pm Program
6:30 – 7:30 pm Appetizers & Networking
Thank you to our meeting sponsors!
Questions to President@LakeNormanHR.org
Click HERE to cancel your registration by Friday, June 15, at 12 noon.
Registrations, Walk-Ins, Cancellations and No-Shows Policy: Advance registration is required for all chapter sponsored events. All members, sponsors and guests for LakeNormanHR events are responsible for registering for events prior to the event registration close date in order to guarantee an accurate headcount for logistics setup and food and beverage planning purposes. Failure to register or cancel for an event can subject the chapter to unnecessary charges and expenditures. Walk-ins will be charged a premium registration fee if space is available. Cancellations and no shows for any event without a valid cancellation on file will be billed a fee. Click HERE for a copy of the complete chapter policy.